Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Laundry Room Cabinet Storage - Repurposed Ice Cream Buckets

On a recent trip to my parents I acquired a large stack of emptied, washed square ice cream buckets.  I knew I could use them to store something, somewhere.  Free storage solutions are always a treat!

However, I did not want it to be obvious to others that I had employed ice cream buckets as part of my laundry room storage.  So, I decided to disguise them with some scrapbook paper and Martha Stewart Dry Erase Labels from Staples.  I already had Scotch Super 77 Multipurpose Spray Adhesive and paper that matched my bathroom colors.  I decided to only use 4 of the ice cream buckets, so I could save the others to use elsewhere.

Here's what I started with:
- 4 empty and washed out square ice cream buckets
- Scotch Super 77 Multi-purpose Spray Adhesive
- 2 sheets of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper
- paper cutter
- 1 package Martha Stewart Dry Erase Labels (not shown)
I measured the printing on the front of the ice cream buckets, and cut my paper so that it would cover the printing.  I was able to get 4 covering pieces from the 2 sheets.


 Next, I removed the red handle from the ice cream bucket.
 I then sprayed the surface of the bucket with spray adhesive and carefully placed the paper over the printing.  I smoothed the paper starting in the center to reduce air bubbles.
 I decided to use 2 of the green floral and 2 of the blue dot pieces to cover my 4 buckets.
 As I was preparing to adhere the dry erase labels, I realized they would cover up too much of the pretty paper.  So, I cut them in half!

My finished Storage Containers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment