Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Upcycled Oraganizing Trays


Last week I showed you the rather messy drawer of our entry table (which became my desk last week after I shared that post.)  Here's what the drawer looked like before we re-arranged the living room and turned it into my desk.

Since the table is now serving a new purpose, I had the motivation to work on the drawer.  I decided to relocate all the "stuff" that was currently occupying this drawer (as I don't use it frequently and had other items I wanted to place in the space), so I was able to start with a clean slate.  The first thing I did was to empty the drawer and gather the items I wanted to store there.  Then I got to work creating some cute trays for organizing the new occupants of the drawer.  I had been saving the cardboard packaging from some snack crackers and decided they were just the thing for this project!  I also found some cute scrapbook paper I had on hand that I thought would go well with the drawer and our living room decor.

Here are my supplies:
I measured the bottom of the box and cut paper to fit inside.  Since I was placing the boxes side-by-side vertically I didn't wast the paper covering them.  I did cover one of the ends on each box because I knew I might place the trays towards the back, exposing these sides.  Once I had all the pieces cut to size, I used a glue stick to adhere the paper to the boxes.

Here are the cute trays I ended up with!
I haven't finished organizing the drawer, so you'll have to come back later to see the finished project!

Linking @:

No comments:

Post a Comment