Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Self-Reflecting: How am I using my time to encourage and strengthen my sisters in Christ?

A lot has been going on recently and it has me questioning what kind of a sister I am to the women who should be nearest and dearest to me.

As I examined myself I answered the following:
  • How much time do I spend with my sisters, outside of worship and Bible study? Maybe 1 hour.
  • Am I sacrificing my time?  Not really.
  • Am I putting my sisters above myself?  Sadly, I am not.
  • Should I spend more time with/serving them?  YES!!!
  • Why am I not spending more time?  I am more focused on myself and doing things I enjoy, it's hard to get out of my comfort zone, I don't want to invite myself over, I'm not sure what I have in common with some of my sisters....
  • What changes can I make so that I am spending more time with them?  GET OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE!!!  Make calls, send texts, pay attention to their likes and dislikes and see if I can find some commonalities.
  • What is my plan to put these changes into effect?
    • Pray about it! 
    • Set weekly goals:  Spend ~ 2 hrs with one sister, send 2 cards, make 1 phone call.
    • Make a chart to help me keep track of my weekly goals so I know who I'm contacting and how much time I'm spending with them.
    • Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment