Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Am I giving thanks always for all things?

-Ephesians 5:20

Today's thought come to me as a result of: 1) Reading Gary Henry's Diligently Seeking God March 6th reading, 2) a realization that the less I worry, the more I give, and the more I trust God, the more He blesses me, and 3) the righteous leadership of my wonderful husband when he stopped us in the middle of something to thank God for a recent blessing.

Since I became a Mrs. my sweet and loving husband has been helping me become less focused on material things and more focused on spiritual.  Coming from a home where we had all our needs met and most of our wants, too, I struggled to adjust to a much smaller budget than what I was accustomed to.  I realized I had taken many things for granted, and that I wasn't genuinely thankful for many of the basics.  My husband has helped me set my "mind on things above, not on things on the earth." -Colossians 3:2

One thing that really helped me switch my focus was a very simple activity I have been doing for about a month now:  recording blessings of my day in a "Gratitude Journal" and saying a special "thanksgiving pray" thanking God for all the blessings of the day.  This has helped me to see and appreciate many of the blessings I had once taken for granted.

A special thanks to my husband for helping me "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18) and not letting me get caught up in the things of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment