This part of the project will probably end up being the most time consuming. I spent almost an entire morning clearing everything off the floor, organizing all my "stuff" and coming up with an efficient way to put everything back into the closet.
Here's a reminder of what the space looked like before as seen in this post:
This is what our living room looked like while I was working on this project: A crazy mess!
However, even though our living room was a wreck for a few hours, I was able to start fresh in the closet with an empty, just-vacuumed slate.
Here's what my newly organized and actually functional office/craft closet looks like now!
I'm making progress and was able to cross three tasks (#s 3-5) off my list in one morning!
Hang clear shoe organizer on door to store small office/craft items.See here! Develop new system for paper organization.See here! Re-arrange plastic drawers so the space is more functional. Re-organize plastic drawers to maximize space. Designate space for "Office" and "Craft" supplies, etc.
- Cover cardboard with wrapping paper and place inside drawers to create a streamlined look, concealing the contents of the clearish drawers.
- Add labels so we can easily find what we're looking for.
- Paint bottom shelf white.
- Spray paint other supply holders so they all match/coordinate.
- Hang cork board on wall to hang important notes, pictures, etc.
Have a wonderful day!