Friday, November 2, 2012

Nursery Update!

It's been slow-going in the nursery these past few months.  I guess there is still "too much" time before baby Tyler will arrive for me to really buckle down and get to work.  I have made quite a bit of progress towards cleaning out the room, though.

Visit this post to get a glimpse of the mess it was before.

Here's where we're at now:

 Everything in this corner is baby related.  Not all of it will stay in the nursery, though.


 Pile of cardboard boxes that have since made it to the basement...this corner is empty now!  Yay!


 Pile of "stuff" that still needs to find a new home.  Some of it is my husbands that he needs to sort through.  I plan on painting the rug and updating one of the laps for the nursery.  The Big Lots bag is gone, now.


Everything you see here (except Tyler's clothes) need a new home.  Still trying to figure out where to store everything!  I plan to made a new cover for the beanbag...so that's another project waiting for me to have time and energy to tackle it.


Oh, and here's what I've been working on sporadically for the past few weeks:

This is my husband's old dresser from his teen-punk-skater days.  So far I have only been filling the various etchings with wood-filler and sanding.  I hope to prime it today or tomorrow.  This is my first time re-finishing a piece of furniture and using wood-filler.  It's definitely been a challenge!

I have most of the fabric and sewing notions needed to make the crib skirt, sheets, crib bumper and changing pad cover, so I plan to start sewing this weekend, too!  Stay in touch to see how this room makes it's transformation from a messy storage room to a sweet little nursery for our baby boy!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment