Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Wintery Display


Last Saturday I gave our entry table a wintery makeover, without spending any money!  I picked up some paint sample cards while I was out one day and used a silver sharpie to do the lettering.  The font I tried to mimic is called Janda Happy Day and can be downloaded for free here.

I pulled our "What a Difference a Day Makes" print (seen here) from the living room, along with the white pitcher vase and small light blue vase which had accompanied the print.  The snowflake ornament was a purchase from last year.  I added a little bit of hot glue to the back where it would touch the table to make it stand up.  This little trick worked great!  The ornament doesn't slide and I can easily remove the hot glue if I want to use it somewhere else.

My chalk art skills are still quite lacking, but I think I'm making some improvements.  I'm sure over time and with lots of practice and patience I'll be able to create some really nice chalk displays...well, at least that is my hope.


Have a terrific Tuesday!
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment