Before I begin sharing the long process of making this space functional, let's take a tour of the dysfunctional mess I've lived with for almost 17 months.
The top shelf was here when we moved in. The bottom shelf, that hasn't been painted yet, we added (my dad cut it to size for me.) I added an over the sink shelf to try to increase the storage capacity of the shelves.
Here are my plans for the space:
Hang clear shoe organizer on door to store small office/craft items.See here! Develop new system for paper organization.See here! Re-arrange plastic drawers so the space is more functional.See here! Re-organize plastic drawers to maximize space.See here! Designate space for "Office" and "Craft" supplies, etc. See here!
- Cover cardboard with wrapping paper and place inside drawers to create a streamlined look, concealing the contents of the clearish drawers.
- Add labels so we can easily find what we're looking for.
- Paint bottom shelf white.
- Spray paint other supply holders so they all match/coordinate.
- Hang cork board on wall to hang important notes, pictures, etc.