Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Summer Mantle

As I was preparing to take down my summer mantle and put up my fall display I realized I had never shared my summer mantle with you all!  Shame on me!  So, I snapped a picture and here it is.


I chose to use black frames to coordinate with our monster clock.  The pictures are from our Memorial Day weekend trip to Spring Mill State Park and the Hilltop Restaurant.  I like these pictures because the clothes we were wearing were bright and summery, that and I love nature photos!  I accented the photos with mason jars partially filled with split peas and white beans.  I really like the color the split peas added to the display and the white beans added some nice texture, too.  I like to keep my decor simple, inexpensive and most of all, versatile!  I think I only ended up buying the beans, a couple frames, a mat or two, and the photos which I had printed at Walmart. 

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you how I used many of these same pieces
plus items from last year to decorate my mantle for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment