Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Dresser for Tyler

Last Tuesday I finally did something I have been wanting to do for weeks:  prime Ryan's old dresser.  I spent way too many hours filling in an assortment of etchings, carvings, dings and scratches and sanding...partly because I'm an over-achiever and was sanding too much.  Oops!  Definitely something I don't plan to do on my next project!

Here's a quick reminder of what I started out with:

 And here is the dresser all primed and waiting to be painted!

It already looks like a completely different dresser!  Last Saturday while my momma and sisters were in town for my shower I was able to solicit some help from my baby sister.  She was sweet enough to spray paint the old drawer pulls/knobs for me so I didn't have to be around the fumes.  She spray painted them with Rust-Oleum's Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze, and they look beautiful!  She only had time to do the front (which is all that will really show anyway), before she needed to head back up to Purdue. But I'll probably take them off sometime in the spring and do the backs, just because it'll make the project feel more complete and thoroughly finished. 

Lord willing, I'm off to buy paint today!

No comments:

Post a Comment